Trying to bring back my old habit

I think it is important for a person to be able to express oneself. Emotions can be expressed in any form, it is also possible to create a new form if a person wants to.

This comes to me seconds after I decided to write for this blog. I realized that I have inadequate experience in expressing my emotions and feelings into arts--painting, film, music, literature, and many others.

The only form of transforming emotions I feel like I had experienced enough is in writings-writing for this blog especially.

I used to have many thoughts that I expressed through my writing back then. My grammar was so all over the place but it didn't stop me from writing. The most important thing back then was to be able to express them. But the more I gained knowledge, the more I realized that I am nothing in this world. I became too afraid to show the world what I like and I feel like to do because I know no matter what I do, other people's works will be better than me.

I then changed myself from a writer to a silent reader. I read other people blogs, learned their perspectives, and tried to make sense of them. At the same time, things were becoming overwhelming and I got carried away. Gradually, I came to forget to write.

I did get some jobs involved in writing such as becoming a reporter and a writer. But I did not find joy in those jobs. I had to write topics that I did not have my interests in. I guess this was the start of my conclusion that I no longer enjoy writing and writing wasn't actually for me. I made false conclusion.

I am really trying to write again, and I said this in my last post too. Avoiding writings for years impacted my habit. A habit that was once left is difficult to retrieve back. But I am really trying my best. Now that I have more time I want to write... I'll start with once a week?

Hopefully, it will work out.



This entry was posted on 1/8/18. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.