You are in between the range

Lately, I've been frustrated.
I don't have a job now and I have yet to decide what to do with my life.
I keep looking at job portals, reading posts about big companies searching out for employees.
Most of them eventually ended in my browser's history. I decided to apply for the rest of them. But I realized I didn't try to apply as hard as I was used to when I wanted to apply for volunteering or internship opportunity when I was in college. I could feel it.

So far I've been invited to do the interview stage twice. In one company, I realized the task is not what I'm looking for so I voiced it out. In another company, I passed the interview, went on the FGD stage but failed later on. It's a big multinational, well-known company, but I realized I didn't try that hard. It's just that my thought: sick of the bullshit the other candidates talked about in the forum that hindered me from getting the job.
Now writing it, I realize that when I tried to apply for these 2 companies, I did try my best. Unlike the others. That explains.

Almost 3 months since I don't have a job.
And I still don't have an answer to what I'm going to do with my life.
This is giving me thoughts and worries. Slowly destroying me.
I feel like I'm the most pitiful person out in my circle.

But hey
After watching some videos of LP
I realized that this suffering came to me because I have the choice. I have the privilege.
I came out of a reputable university in my country.
I come from a middle-class family.
I have an internet connection.
I know English.
I have some skills.
Therefore, I already have some wonderful experiences working out for many things.
These privileges give me more options for what I could choose for my future.
If I'm allowed to, I could apply for an overseas company
If I want to, I could work for a multinational corporate company
If I want to, I could work in an establishing small company with crap management
If I want to, I could work in a grassroots-nonprofit organization that becoming a rich person solely from the wage would be impossible
If I want to, I could work for myself
If I want to, I could just study for more

No, I'm not the worst
Instead, I'm in the advantage.

There are many people with fewer options.
With heavier problems.
That forced them to do one thing.
That, maybe, for them, the problem that I'm facing now will be considered as an advantage, or privilege, or a gift.

This entry was posted on 2/23/19 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.